Natalie Imbruglia (three-time Grammy Award nominee, songwriter, actor and model), in partnership with Sony Music Entertainment Australia has released her new studio album entitled ‘MALE’.
MALE, her first album since 2009’s Come to Life, is a collection of classic and contemporary songs all performed by men including those of Cat Stevens, Damien Rice, Tom Petty, Pete Townsend and Zac Brown Band amongst others. ‘Instant Crush’, the first single from the album, was originally recorded by the electro-pop Grammy Award winners Daft Punk.
MALE Track Listing:
1. Instant Crush (original artist Daft Punk)
2. Cannonball (original artist Damien Rice)
3. The Summer (original artist Josh Pyke)
4. I Will Follow You Into The Dark (original artist Death Cab For Cutie)
5. Goodbye In His Eyes (original artist Zac Brown Band)
6. Friday I’m In Love (original artist The Cure)
7. Naked As We Came (original artist Iron & Wine)
8. Let My Love Open The Door (original artist Pete Townsend)
9. Only Love Can Break Your Heart (original artist Neil Young)
10. I Melt With You (original artist Modern English)
11. The Waiting (original artist Tom Petty)
12. The Wind (original artist Cat Stevens)
Natalie Imburglia noted on her music video for Instant Crush:
Joe Stephenson, the director is an immense talent. I fell in love with his treatment. The dark Stepford wives vibe, and his reference of Gregory Crewdson’s photography. Such beautiful colours and mood. It’s so cinematic and gives the song a whole new dimension. On the original version, you can’t really hear what the song is about because of the effect that Julian’s voice has, which I love, by the way. However, it is such a beautiful story that I want people to hear it and connect with the words. I’m really proud of the way it turned out.
Also, Natalie Imbruglia has been confirmed as the tour support for Simply Red’s Australian tour.
Head on over to Natalie’s website, and your local digital and physical retailer to get your copy now.